The Vicarage B&B is in the village of Nidd just to the north of Harrogate, convenient for road and rail links and Leeds/Bradford airport only 40 minutes away.
We are tucked away down a quiet road. Our guests really enjoy the tranquillity, the view over the paddock and breathing in the fresh air.
We have three sumptuous and individual guest rooms, ensuite of course, with a rainforest shower. OAK, ASH and YEW each have their own front door and parking right outside. If you are arriving late, you can check yourself in with a PIN code.
Guests comment on our fast, unlimited WiFi, charging ports and smart TV. Log on with any devices without restriction, enjoy the view of the church while you work, or catch up on Prime Video or Netflix if you have the time.
We designed these rooms from scratch to be individual, comfortable and welcoming. Guests talk about our attention to detail again and again. They say we stand out from the crowd with our colourful, contemporary style and reviews repeatedly mention excellent beds and a good night’s sleep,
Kick start your day with proper tea or coffee. Have breakfast any time you like from the in-room pantry. Or breakfast in bed if you wish. No need to decide in advance – as early or late as you like. Guests love the flexibility - it’s all part of experience. We can cater for just about anyone – the varied continental selection does just what it says on the tin. Though there’s not a tin in sight. Pre-book gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan breakfasts.
Although our rooms aren’t wheelchair-friendly, there is only one step up from the courtyard. There are no stairs to negotiate and each room is only a few feet from where you arrive.
Harrogate and Knaresborough train stations are within 5 miles, with York east coast mainline station 40 minutes away as is Leeds/Bradford airport.
Our visitors also say we are really lovely hosts. Judge for yourself. Come and stay. You are assured of a proper Yorkshire welcome.
We have a wide range of guests:
- Business people attending events and conferences in the town. We often provide transfers to and from venues. There is scope for socialising with colleagues or exhibitors in the evening around the barbecue.
- Tourists who are discovering North Yorkshire for the first time or returning because God’s own county is impossible to resist.
- Bridal parties or wedding guests from nearby venues such as Ripley Castle or Fountains Abbey.
- Groups of friends seeking a relaxing retreat away from daily life, whether that is work or children or anything else. Having breakfast at any time is all part of the experience.
- Cyclists enjoy the fact that they can leave their bikes unattended for a while and nothing will happen. Seclusion has real advantages. And they love our proper cyclist's breakfast that they can consume at an early hour.
- Single-night guests are often visiting family or friends on a longer break at Nidd Hall Hotel which is just a short walk away through the churchyard.