The Vicarage B&B is in the small village of Nidd which lies just to the north of Harrogate. It dates originally from 1679 and became a private home a few decades ago. Our three brand new ensuite guest rooms are in the former mews building adjacent to the main house. We painstakingly designed the rooms from scratch incorporating elements, furnishings and ideas from around the world from countries we have lived in or visited.
OAK, ASH and YEW have their own entrance and parking. You are free to come and go as you please. You can check in yourself using the PIN code to your key safe. Breakfast is an extensive continental selection in your room which you can have at any time you choose from your in-room pantry. We have designed the rooms meticulously to offer comfort with most of the furnishings made specially. We have not skimped on other aspects such as the showers and bed linens or Samsung Smart TVs including free Netflix and Prime video. Of course, you can also assume the Wifi is fast and free. Although our rooms don’t accommodate a wheelchair, there is only one step up from the courtyard. There are no stairs to negotiate and each room is only a few feet from where you will arrive.
We cater for a wide range of guests:
- Business people attending events and conferences in the town. We often provide free transfers to and from the venue. There is scope for socialising with colleagues or exhibitors in the evening around the barbecue.
- Tourists who are discovering North Yorkshire for the first time or returning because God’s own county is impossible to resist.
- Bridal parties or wedding guests from nearby venues such as Ripley Castle or Fountains Abbey.
- People seeking a relaxing retreat away from daily life, whether that is work or children or anything else. Having breakfast at any time is all part of the experience.
- Cyclists enjoy the fact that they can leave their bikes unattended for a while and nothing will happen. Seclusion has real advantages. And they love our proper cyclist's breakfast that they can consume at an early hour.
- Single-night guests are often visiting family or friends on a longer break at Nidd Hall Hotel which is just a short walk away through the churchyard.
You are assured of a proper Yorkshire welcome.