- From this weekend, single adult households - adults living alone or single parents with children under 18 - are allowed to form a “support bubble” with one other household. All those in a support bubble will be able to act as if they live in the same household - meaning they can spend time together inside each others’ homes and do not need to stay 2 metres apart. If any member of the support bubble develops symptoms, all members of the bubble will need to follow the normal advice on household isolation. Guidance: https://bit.ly/SupportBubbleNor PM's tweet: https://bit.ly/SocialBubbleTweet.
- Because the risk of transmission is lower outdoors; from Monday, outdoor attractions where people can stay in their cars, such as safari parks and drive-in cinemas will be allowed to open.
- Finally, places of worship will open for individual prayer this weekend.
As set out in the government's roadmap, the next set of changes - Step 3 - will not begin until 4 July at the earliest, as the evidence allows.
2) BAME business support webinar
Minister Nadhim Zahawi - invites the BAME business community to a Minister's Question Time. Hosted by the Voice Newspaper, the African Caribbean Business Network (ACBN) and WinTradeGlobal Talks, hear about available support to assist small businesses to bounce back post-Covid-19 and ask business critical questions.
The free webinar will take place today, Thursday 11 June, at 5pm.
Register here: https://bit.ly/BizSupportWebinar.
3) DWP have launched two new campaigns:
Toolkits available here: employerhelp stakeholder toolkit. and jobhelp stakeholder toolkit
Employer help: https://twitter.com/HMGNorth/status/1270748299147071488?s=20
Job help: https://twitter.com/HMGNorth/status/1270749149173088259?s=20