Focused on 5 key themes, each 'recovery roundtable' will explore how business can work with government to deliver economic growth and jobs:
- The future of industry: How to accelerate business innovation and leverage private sector investment in research and development
- Green recovery: How to capture economic growth opportunities from the shift to net zero carbon emissions
- Backing new businesses: How to make the UK the best place in the world to start and scale a business
- Increasing opportunity: How to level up economic performance across the UK, including through skills and apprenticeships
- The UK open for business: How to win and retain more high value investment for the UK
Further information: https://bit.ly/RecoveryRoundtables
2) Face coverings
As highlighted last week, from Monday 15 June face coverings will be required while using public transport in England.
Guidance on face coverings can be found here - https://bit.ly/FCGuidance - and travel guidance for passengers is available
Tweet from the PM: https://bit.ly/PMFCTweet
3) Entering or returning to the UK
From today (Monday 8 June 2020), if you’re a resident or visitor travelling to the UK on or after 8 June, you must:
- Provide your journey and contact details; and
- Not leave the place you’re staying for the first 14 days you’re in the UK except in very limited situations (known as ‘self-isolating’).
You may be fined £100 if you refuse to provide your contact details in England (or £60 in Northern Ireland). You may be fined more if you break this rule more than once. You may also be fined £1,000 if you refuse to self-isolate in England or Northern Ireland, or you could face further action.
Further details can be found here - https://bit.ly/gcsborders - and exemptions can be found here - https://bit.ly/HOExemptions.
Tweet from the Home Office: https://bit.ly/HOBordersTweet
4) Test & Trace
Finally, please do continue to promote NHS Test & Trace through your networks. Downloadable digital assets to be shared on your social channels can be found here: https://bit.ly/PHEdigitalresources
Full details of the guidance can be found here: https://bit.ly/TandTGuidance.