Our current officer, Vicky Carr, is stepping down at this year's AGM after seven years in the role. We're looking for someone to take on the responsibilities and help to take the Chamber forward.
Key responsibilities include:
- Promoting each monthly meeting to our members and contacts (we currently use Mailchimp)
- Handling media enquiries, including routine press releases, statements on news stories, interview requests and crisis communications as required
- Writing and publishing the monthly Business Review newsletter, including short reports from each monthly meeting and news from members and other organisations
- Managing the Chamber's social media accounts (we currently use LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram)
- Attending the quarterly Management Group meetings and producing brief minutes of key decisions
We expect a new communications officer to bring their own experience to the role, and to play an active part in strengthening the Chamber and raising its profile among potential members.
This is a freelance position for a few hours per month and would suit someone with experience in journalism, PR and communications. Chamber members are particularly encouraged to apply, but we will consider all applications from people with suitable experience.
We expect to invite interested parties to submit proposals for the work to CEO, Sandra Doherty, by a date to be agreed. To find out more about the role, please email our current communications officer, Vicky Carr.