Engineering work on the line means there’ll be no trains between Harrogate and Leeds on the 27th. 28th and 29th of December – on top of all rail services already being cancelled on Boxing Day.
But Harrogate’s award-winning 36 bus will be running to a special timetable on Boxing Day, with a bus every half hour to and from Leeds and an hourly service for Ripon across the daytime.
The Harrogate Bus Company’s General Manager Frank Stanisauskis said: “There’s no need to be caught out by cancelled trains after Christmas when our amazing 36 bus will be keeping our region on the move.
“Our customers will be sitting back on first-class leather seats, staying connected on our free 4G Wi-Fi, charged up with USB power at every seat, and chauffeur driven safely to their destination by our friendly team of drivers.
“We’ve prepared a special guide to amazing winter days out across Yorkshire using our bus services, filled with ideas for days out – it’s available free on our buses and online at: https://www.transdevbus.co.uk/harrogate.
“Our buses will make travel easier across the festive season for a day or evening out, and our customers can look forward to a relaxing journey while we take care of the driving. We wish everyone a happy Christmas and look forward to welcoming them on-board in the New Year.”
Details of Christmas and New Year schedules for The Harrogate Bus Company are as follows:
- Monday, 23 December 2019: A Saturday service, with a bus every 10 minutes on the 36 between Harrogate and Leeds, and every 20 minutes between Harrogate and Ripon. Last bus from Leeds to Harrogate is at 23.15, while the 22.45 and 23.45 buses from Ripon both finish in Harrogate. On Service 1, night journeys which normally leave Harrogate at 01.10 and 02.10 won’t run.
- Christmas Eve, Tuesday, 24 December 2019: A Saturday service, with last buses earlier than normal. On Service 1, buses leaving Harrogate at 20.05, 20.25 and 20.45 will finish at Starbeck. Last journeys on other services will be as follows:
Service 1A: 19.40 Harrogate to Aspin; 19.58 Aspin to Harrogate
Service 1B: 20.00 Harrogate to Eastfield; 20.17 Eastfield to Harrogate
Service 1C: 19.20 Harrogate to Carmires; 19.36 Carmires to Harrogate
Service 2A: 19.40 Harrogate to Bilton
Service 3: 19.55 Harrogate to Jennyfield
Service 7: 18.20 Harrogate to Leeds; 19.20 Leeds to Harrogate. The 19.20 from Harrogate will finish at Wetherby at 19.40
The 36: 18.45 Leeds to Ripon; 19.35 Harrogate to Ripon; 18.45 Ripon to Leeds; and 19.20 Harrogate to Leeds. The 19.15 and 19.45 journeys from Leeds and Ripon will run to Harrogate, then finish at Starbeck.
All other routes will run as normal, with last buses at the same time as usual.
- Christmas Day, Wednesday, 25 December 2019: No service – as our buses and amazing drivers enjoy a family Christmas!
- Boxing Day, Thursday 27 December 2019: Special services on the following routes:
Service 1C: Buses every 30 minutes between Harrogate, Knaresborough and Carmires – first journeys leave Starbeck for Carmires at 08.27 and 08.57. First bus from Harrogate to Carmires is at 09.20. First bus from Carmires to Harrogate is at 08.44. Last bus from Carmires to Harrogate is at 18.14, and from Harrogate to Carmires at 18.50. The 18.44 and 19.14 journeys from Carmires finish at Starbeck.
The 36: Buses run every 30 minutes between Harrogate and Leeds and every hour between Ripon and Leeds – first journeys start from Starbeck at 09.03 and 09.33, and Harrogate at 09.20 and 09.50. First bus from Ripon to Leeds is at 09.37, and from Harrogate to Ripon at 09.00. From Leeds, first buses leave for Harrogate at 10.20, and for Ripon at 10.50. Last buses leave Leeds for Ripon at 15.50, and Harrogate and Starbeck at 17.50 and 18.20. Last bus from Harrogate to Ripon is at 16.50, and Harrogate to Leeds at 17.20. From Ripon, last journey to Leeds is at 16.37, and to Harrogate at 17.37.
- Friday, 27 December 2019: Saturday service, with exceptions affecting Service 1 and the 36 same as on Monday, 23 December;
- Saturday, 28 December and Sunday, 29 December 2019: Normal service
- Monday, 30 December 2019: Saturday service, with exceptions affecting Service 1 and the 36 same as on Monday, 23 December;
- New Year’s Eve, Tuesday, 31 December 2019: Bus times and last journeys same as Christmas Eve
- New Year’s Day, Wednesday, 1 January 2020: No service
- Thursday, 2 January 2020: Normal service resumes on all routes.