Transdev, the name behind many of the North’s most popular bus services, is planning a packed week of feel-good fun starting on Monday 1 July 2019 – including free ticket giveaways, big reductions on tickets bought through the Transdev Go mobile app, and chances to feel like a VIP with ‘bus butlers’ serving free goodies to lucky customers.
Catch The Bus Week is a unique and fun initiative to show people how travelling by bus can be easy on the environment as well as great value for money.
The celebration is now in its fifth year, and big names in bus travel across the North, including Coastliner, Cityzap, the 36 in Harrogate and Leeds and Rosso in Bury and Rochdale, will all be at the heart of the party with special offers and giveaways across the week.
Transdev CEO Alex Hornby said: “We’re delighted to be getting behind this week-long campaign which promotes the best of British bus travel – there’s no better time than Catch The Bus Week to discover the many benefits of using our buses.
“Our buses are good news for the environment, offering an easy, friendly and great value way to get around, using smart, modern buses which our customers can feel proud to be seen on. Our diesel buses across the North are cleaner than ever, contributing 96 per cent less nitrogen dioxide emissions than previous buses, and creating less pollution than new diesel cars.
“Meanwhile, our electric buses in Harrogate are creating Britain’s first low emission bus town, and with free travel continuing every Sunday thanks to our partnership with The Spirit of Harrogate, owners of the famous Slingsby Gin, no wonder more and more people are getting on board to join the party!”
Treats in store to celebrate Catch The Bus Week in Yorkshire, Lancashire and Greater Manchester include:
- Free Daytripper tickets to enjoy a day out on Transdev buses across the North in a giveaway on Twitter and Facebook
- VIP service from ‘Bus Butlers’ serving free refreshments to customers on Rosso buses in Bury and Rochdale, and across the Pennines in Leeds, York and Malton
- Special discount ‘flash sales’ on the free-to-download Transdev Go mobile app, offering big savings on daily and weekly travel for individuals and groups
- Free late-night buses between Leeds and Harrogate – ideal for party goers enjoying a Saturday night out in the spa town or the big city
Full details of all offers and events hosted by Transdev’s local bus companies in Yorkshire and Lancashire are available on each operator’s website and social media, and from bus drivers and staff at travel centres in Yorkshire and Lancashire’s bus stations. Further information on Catch The Bus Week is also available online at: http://www.catchthebusweek.co.uk.
Picture Shows: HOP ON AND JOIN THE PARTY … North of England bus operator Transdev is celebrating Catch The Bus Week from Monday (1 July 2019) with a packed programme of giveaways and discounts to demonstrate the benefits of bus travel
Transdev in Yorkshire and Lancashire: For further information, please contact Ben Mansfield or Matt Harrison: 01423 884131 or email: email@example.com.
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Transdev in Yorkshire and Lancashire is one of the UK’s most innovative bus companies, with operating centres across the North of England, in Blackburn, Burnley, Keighley, Harrogate, York and Malton. Its subsidiary companies provide many of the region’s most successful bus services, with branded services recognised as household names in the communities they serve.
Transdev’s popular and high-profile branded services include:
- Coastliner – linking Leeds and York with the Yorkshire Coast. In 2018, Coastliner’s service 840 to Whitby was named as Britain’s Most Scenic Bus Route in an independent poll by transport users’ watchdog Bus Users UK
- Cityzap – direct express service between Leeds and York, featuring ‘zap-nav’ satellite navigation to help drivers choose the fastest route
- 36: Riding Redefined – an industry-leading, innovative service between Ripon, Harrogate and Leeds, with luxury twin-deck buses packed with customer-friendly features
- Bronte Bus – a network of local services in the Keighley and Haworth areas of West Yorkshire, featuring smart easy-access buses
- Mainline – the local network across Burnley and Pendle and over the Pennines to Keighley, featuring a high-spec, low emission fleet of buses packed with design features inspired by Transdev’s ground-breaking ‘Make My Mainline’ market research programme
- Witchway – a popular express service between Skipton, Burnley and Manchester, ideal for commuting, shopping and sightseeing
- RedEXPRESS – a direct express service between Accrington, Ramsbottom and Manchester, with high-spec, twin deck buses featuring free Wi-Fi and at seat USB power points
- Hotline – the brand for Transdev’s popular interurban service linking Burnley, Blackburn and Preston, with double deck buses featuring leather seats and superfast free Wi-Fi
- Rosso – the newest member of the Transdev Blazefield family of bus companies, Rosso operates local buses in Rossendale, Ramsbottom, Bury and Rochdale
Parent company Transdev is one of the largest public transport operators in Europe, with a reputation for delivering high quality public transport. Visit http://www.transdevplc.co.uk for details of all Transdev services in the UK.
Catch The Bus Week is promoted across the UK by Greener Journeys, a campaign dedicated to encouraging people to make more sustainable travel choices. It aims to reduce carbon emissions from transport by encouraging people to switch some of their car journeys to bus or coach instead. Switching from car to bus for just one journey a month would mean one billion fewer car journeys on UK roads, saving two million tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions every year. More information on Greener Journeys is available online at: http://www.greenerjourneys.com.