Organisers of next month’s Grassington Festival are teaming up with VAMOOZ, the unique app-based bus service by Transdev, to offer special evening buses direct from Skipton to the event.
Each day from Friday 15 to Saturday 30 June, a packed programme of Festival entertainment will blend famous names such as 70s chart topping band Smokie, stand-up comedy star Jason Manford and TV’s own chat show king Sir Michael Parkinson, with the finest up-and-coming performers.
Festival goers will be able to relax and combine a show with a drink from the bar, safe in the knowledge that their VAMOOZ bus will be waiting to whisk them back to Skipton afterwards – and with £5 off bus fares and half price entry to selected events for under 25s, it’s great value too.
VAMOOZ Sales and Operations Manager Rebecca Reeve-Burnett said: “There are local bus services between Skipton and Grassington during the day – our friends at The Keighley Bus Company run service 72 on Monday to Saturday, and the Witchway service connects the two towns on Sundays.
“On top of this, we’re working with the Festival organisers to provide an additional service timed around the evening performances, leaving Skipton at 7.25pm and returning from Grassington at 11pm. Fares are very competitive compared with the cost of a taxi, with no driving or parking hassle.
“We’re delighted to be able to play our part in making this year’s Grassington Festival more accessible for everyone, and of course travelling by bus with VAMOOZ helps to reduce congestion and keep the Dales looking lovely!”
Kate Beard, Festival Director, said "It's really great to get people on board the bus. They can travel to Grassington in comfort and enjoy the journey knowing they're doing their bit for the environment".
Details and bookings for all Grassington Festival shows are on the event’s website at: http://www.grassington-festival.org.uk. Highlights from the evening programme include:
· Saturday 16 June – Indie folk with Noble Jacks, plus Leeds’ own Huw Eddy & The Carnival
· Thursday 21 June – BBC Correspondent Chris Mason, who grew up in Grassington, is joined by Batley and Spen MP Tracy Brabin to give a revealing insight into their lives in politics
· Saturday 23 June – Live at the Festival Hall, a feast of stand-up comedy with five performers
· Monday 25 June – An Evening With Sir Michael Parkinson: the chat show host with his son Mike recalls interviews with the pick of over 2,000 guests on prime time TV
· Tuesday 26 June – Laughter guaranteed as comedy star, radio and TV presenter Jason Manford brings his new touring show “Muddle Class” to the Grassington Festival
· Saturday 30 June – chart toppers The Fratellis headline a full day and evening of live music
Fares for the VAMOOZ bus to Grassington Festival are being kept low at £10 return for those using only the special evening bus, or £12 return for those using the 72 or Witchway buses to travel to Grassington earlier in the day.
There’s also a £5 travel discount and half price entry to selected events for under 25s, supported by Great Place: Lakes and Dales, which aims to encourage young people to enjoy the best of the region.
All seats for the evening VAMOOZ buses to the Grassington Festival must be booked in advance on a first come, first served basis – simply download the VAMOOZ app on the Apple App Store or Google Play and follow the instructions to reserve seats on-board the buses.