We are proposing a small change to our constitution, to clarify the process of electing a new president and vice presidents. Full details will be circulated at the meeting and a vote will be taken on the proposals.
Our committee - known as the Management Group - is made up of officers and members who help to organise our monthly meetings as well as contributing to the work of the chamber on behalf of all our members.
The following will be standing for new roles for the term 2018-20:
- President - Steve Scarre, CSS Mediation
- Past President - Mike Procter, The Procter Partnership
- Vice Presidents - Martin Gerrard, Barclays Bank and Sue Kramer, Crown Jewellers
These officers will be standing for re-election for subsequent terms 2018-20:
- Chief Executive - Sandra Doherty, Alexa House
- Vice President - Stephen Root, Berwins
- Hon Treasurer - John Garbutt, DSC Chartered Accountants
- Hon Legal Adviser - Philip Edmondson, McCormicks
The following members will also be standing for re-election for subsequent terms 2018-20:
- Teresa Bowe, CCF Accountancy
- Debra Forsythe-Conroy, DFC Education Ltd
- Michael Newby, retired
- Paul Rawlinson, Baltzersen's
The following be standing for election to the Management Group for the first time in 2018:
- Sally Roberts, Fun Training For Results
- Graham Wild, Wild & Co Chartered Accountants
The following are still on the Management Group and are in the middle of their 2017-19 term, so their positions will not be re-elected:
- Vice President - Sam Oakes, Design by GOBO
- PR Officer - Vicky Carr, The Content Market
- Martin Mann, Martin Mann IT
- Tara Stagman, Ake & Humphris
- Graham Strugnell, Struggytax Wealth Management
All of the above new roles and positions will be voted on at the AGM on Monday 14th May. The doors at the Cedar Court Hotel will open at 5.30pm for informal networking, with business set to begin at 6.15pm.
Sandra would like to convey her grateful thanks to Mike Procter, who has served as President over the last year and put a great deal of effort into driving the Chamber forward. Thanks also to Michael Webster, who has served for the last year as Past President following his term as President, and we hope will still be seen at future Chamber meetings.
Finally, our thanks go to Steve Pepper of Steve Pepper Associates, who has served many years on the Management Group and latterly as Vice President. He is stepping down this year to focus on other interests as his business continues to thrive.