Here’s what we’d like you to do:
- ‘Upcycle’ any containers you have to hand – from a garden bucket to a handbag, old welly or a traditional plant pot – as long as you can carry it. We suggest using a minimum 2 litre container to prevent it drying out or blowing over. See the attached PDF for ideas and inspiration.
· Let your creative juices flow: decorate your pot in any way you choose.
- Attach a label – including the name of your organisation – with a few words about which plants you’ve used and why you like them
Eg: Chrysanthemums are my mum’s favourite flower, and now they’re mine | I love growing courgettes. My favourite recipe is courgette, tomato & mozzarella bake | I’ve planted my first freesia bulbs; when I walk past them, the scent reminds me of my granddad
- Share your stories on social media using #passionforplants and tag Harlow Carr on Instagram and Twitter (@RHSHarlowCarr) or Facebook (RHS Garden Harlow Carr) so we can share your posts.
- Drop your pots off at the ‘Passion for Plants drop off point’ at the former Harrogate Arms pub car park off Crag Lane between 9am -3pm from Saturday 16 – Tuesday 19 June 2018 – this will not be manned but staff will remove pots to a safe place at the end of each day.
We’d like to keep your Passion for Plants pot on show throughout the summer to give non-flower show visitors a chance to enjoy it. If you would like your pot back, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 July 2018 to arrange collection.
Head of RHS Garden Harlow Carr