Just for this Valentine’s Day, Tuesday 14 February 2017, the big-hearted bus firm is offering couples the chance to travel together anywhere on parent company Transdev’s huge network of routes to romance, right across the North from Preston and Manchester in the west all the way to the Yorkshire Coast in the east, for just £10.
The super value ‘Two Together’ ticket will be available for travel from 9.30 am onwards on Valentine’s Day only, and can be bought exclusively from Transdev’s bus drivers. It can only be used by couples travelling together – giving the North’s lovers a golden opportunity to make it a date to remember.
Keith Roebuck, General Manager at The Harrogate Bus Company, said: “With our buses serving so many ideal destinations for a day or evening together, we think it’s time to go our best Cupid impression and set Harrogate’s couples on the road to romance.
“We can take you and your loved one to the bright lights of Leeds for shopping or dinner for two – or maybe for a romantic stroll through the historic city of York, ending with tea for two at the legendary Betty’s.
“We’re also inviting sweethearts who take advantage of this amazing offer to be a ‘tweet heart’ and drop us a line on Twitter @harrogatebus to tell us where you’re going together – and even better, to send us a loved-up selfie from the bus journey.
“We can’t guarantee that the whole experience will be a ‘cheap date’, but when Cupid’s arrow strikes, we can certainly save you money getting there!”
The “Two Together” ticket will be available on the bus, and only on Valentine’s Day, on any service run by Transdev’s six bus companies across the North, including:
· The Harrogate Bus Company – invite your significant other to travel in style on the premium 36: Riding Redefined route from the heart of Leeds to the glorious gardens and cosy tea shops of Harrogate, or the beautiful cathedral city of Ripon
· Cityzap – whisk your partner faster than Cupid’s arrow to the heart of historic York or the bright lights of Leeds
· Coastliner – just perfect for that romantic stroll along the beach in Whitby, Scarborough, Filey or Bridlington, with all-new stylish twin deck buses guaranteed to set hearts a-flutter!
· The Keighley Bus Company – travel in the footsteps of Heathcliff and Cathy with a Brontebus journey across the wild Pennine moors between Keighley, Haworth and Hebden Bridge
· The Blackburn Bus Company – red rose romances start on the Red Express between Blackburn and Manchester, or why not turn up the heat on the Hotline linking Preston, Blackburn and Burnley
· Transdev Burnley – bewitch your loved one with a trip to the city or the country on the Witchway express between Manchester, Burnley, Colne and Skipton